The Naveen Jindal School of Management (JSOM) awards some merit-based scholarships to undergraduate (including fast-track) students in both the fall and spring semesters. Each scholarship may have specific requirements based on the purpose of the scholarship, including: academic performance, area of study, residency status, community service and level of campus involvement. We will consider students for any scholarship that is currently funded and for which they qualify.
Our school has an officially appointed Scholarship Committee that reviews applications and, depending on the availability of funds, makes awards to the candidates who best satisfy the scholarship’s criteria and intent.
- All freshmen are automatically considered for scholarships from the University and the Jindal School of Management.
- Continuing and fast-track students and incoming transfer students must apply for competitively awarded scholarships.
- Periodically, other scholarships become available that may have different requirements.
- Most of our scholarships cannot be combined with other scholarships awarded by the school.
- Applications from new students who are enrolling for the first time and who meet the scholarship criteria will be reviewed as offers of admission are extended by UT Dallas. Students will be notified after the Scholarship Committee has finalized decisions.
- Applications from continuing and fast-track students will be reviewed and students will be notified of scholarship decisions after the established deadline for that semester. Students are usually notified whether or not they are granted an award by email to their UT Dallas email account. Scholarship applicants are also notified of their status by email usually prior to the university’s payment deadline date for the new semester.
- UT Dallas Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Academic Achievement Scholarship
- Academic Distinction Scholarship
- Academic National Achievement Scholarship
- Academic National Hispanic Scholarship
- Academic Honors Scholarship
- National Merit Finalists
- Jindal School of Management Scholarship Awards
- $1,000 per semester
- Total Value over four academic years: $8,000
- No application necessary as all admitted students are considered for this award.
- Management Information Systems Scholarship
- 2014 graduate of a Texas high school or home school
- SAT score of 1225 or greater in math and critical reading
- Accepted to The University of Texas at Dallas for Fall 2014 and declared Management Information Systems as your major
- Texas resident
UT Dallas offers several hundred Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) each year to incoming first-time-in-college freshman students. The application for admission to the University serves as the AES application. Prospective students admitted by March 1st will be reviewed automatically for AES awards.
There are five levels of AES Scholarship:
To learn more, please check out the UT Dallas AES webpage
The Honors College coordinates with the University’s National Merit Scholarship Division to offer special scholarships to students who are National Merit Finalists. Click here for more information about these awards.
In addition to the above scholarships offered by UT Dallas, the Naveen Jindal School of Management offers the JSOM Excellence scholarship program for UT Dallas students who choose a JSOM major.
Deadline to apply: May 16, 2014
Award amount: $1,500
Incoming freshman students who meet the criteria below are invited to apply for this scholarship. Download application.
The Fall 2014 deadline is October 15th, 2014.
JSOM requires that the following materials be submitted to apply for scholarships:
- Applicants must complete and sign the scholarship application form and submit other required materials.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record as evidenced by their SAT score, high school GPA, transfer GPA, or GPA on JSOM undergraduate course work. Student involvement, work experience and community service are taken into consideration.
- Applications for scholarship are evaluated after an offer of admission has been extended by UT Dallas.
- Some scholarships are renewable, and terms will be included in your scholarship offer email.
- To receive your scholarship, you must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours per semester.
- In addition to the minimum requirements, some scholarships may have other requirements or criteria for selection.
Mailing AddressThe University of Texas at Dallas
Naveen Jindal School of Management
800 West Campbell Road, SM43
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Attn: Dr. Marilyn Kaplan, Associate Dean