The Naveen Jindal School of Management (JSOM) awards some merit-based scholarships to undergraduate students in both the fall and spring semesters. Each scholarship may have specific requirements based on the purpose of the scholarship, including: academic performance, area of study, residency status, community service and level of campus involvement. We will consider students for any scholarship that is currently funded and for which they qualify.
Do You Have Any Questions About Undergraduate Scholarships?Our school has an officially appointed Scholarship Committee that reviews applications and, depending on the availability of funds, makes awards to the candidates who best satisfy the scholarship’s criteria and intent.
- Continuing students and incoming transfer students must apply for competitively awarded scholarships.
- Periodically, other scholarships become available that may have different requirements.
- Most of our scholarships cannot be combined with other scholarships awarded by the school.
- Applications from new students who are enrolling for the first time and who meet the scholarship criteria will be reviewed as offers of admission are extended by UT Dallas. Students will be notified after the Scholarship Committee has finalized decisions.
- Applications from continuing students will be reviewed and students will be notified of scholarship decisions after the established deadline for that semester. Students are usually notified whether or not they are granted an award by email to their UT Dallas email account. Scholarship applicants are also notified of their status by email usually prior to the university’s payment deadline date for the new semester.
- Incoming Freshman
- Continuing and Transfer Students
- Other Undergraduate Scholarships
UT Dallas Academic Excellence Scholarships
UT Dallas offers several hundred Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) each year to incoming first-time-in-college freshman students. The application for admission to the University serves as the AES application. Prospective students admitted by March 1st will be reviewed automatically for AES awards.
There are five levels of AES Scholarship:
- Academic Achievement Scholarship
- Academic Distinction Scholarship
- Academic National Achievement Scholarship
- Academic National Hispanic Scholarship
- Academic Honors Scholarship
To learn more, please check out the UT Dallas AES webpage
National Merit Finalists
The Honors College coordinates with the University’s National Merit Scholarship Division to offer special scholarships to students who are National Merit Finalists. Click here for more information about these awards.
Jindal School of Management Scholarship Awards
The scholarship application is open to all first-time-in-college freshmen who have been admitted to UT Dallas as a Jindal School of Management undergraduate major. All applicants must apply via our online application link. Incoming freshmen who have been awarded University Level scholarships are eligible provided that their total university level award does not exceed $5,500 per semester. JSOM Freshmen Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to exceptional candidates on a competitive basis and will be offered to selected recipients until all funds are exhausted. Recipients of the award will receive $2,000 for each for the fall and spring semesters during their freshmen year totaling $4,000. The JSOM Freshmen Excellence Scholarship is not renewable beyond the first academic year. Recipients can apply for the Dean’s Excellence Scholarship for an opportunity for continued scholarship support beyond their first year. Criteria:
- Student must take at least 15 hours per semester.
- SAT/ACT scores, class rank, activities, achievements, leadership positions will be considered.
- Student must be graduating from a US high school
Priority Deadline 1/15/15 for 14 day response
Final deadline 2/13/15
Information Technology and Systems Scholarship, Fall 2015Application Deadline: Friday, May 15, 2015
Contact: Dawn Owens
Requirements, Terms & Conditions:
- 2015 graduate of a Texas high school or home school
- SAT score of 1225 or greater in math and critical reading
- Accepted to The University of Texas at Dallas for fall 2015 and declared major of Information Technology and Systems
- Financial need as represented from the FAFSA/Family Income (must be on file at UT Dallas)
- Texas resident
JSOM requires that the following materials be submitted to apply for scholarships:
- Applicants must complete and sign the scholarship application form and submit other required materials.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record as evidenced by their SAT score, high school GPA, transfer GPA, or GPA on JSOM undergraduate course work. Student involvement, work experience and community service are taken into consideration.
The Fall 2015 deadline is April 1st, 2015
- Applications for scholarship are evaluated after an offer of admission has been extended by UT Dallas.
- Some scholarships are renewable, and terms will be included in your scholarship offer email.
- To receive your scholarship, you must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 semester credit hours per semester.
- In addition to the minimum requirements, some scholarships may have other requirements or criteria for selection.
The University of Texas at Dallas
Naveen Jindal School of Management
800 West Campbell Road, SM43
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Attn: Dr. Marilyn Kaplan, Associate Dean
Application Deadline: Friday, July 31, 2015
The Naveen Jindal Student Support Fund was established by alum Naveen Jindal as part of his generous support of the Jindal School of Management. This scholarship is open to all degree-seeking undergraduate domestic students in the Jindal School of Management who have successfully completed at least 12 semester credit hours. A preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need. Applicants must have a current FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Aid. FAFSA applications may be completed at https://fafsa.ed.gov. Scholarship amounts range from $1,000 – $2,000.