The Jindal School awards scholarships to competitive new incoming students admitted in the fall and spring and current students just prior to each fall.
Email us! Each scholarship has specific criteria which may include:academic merit, residency status, community service, student organization involvement, leadership and work experience to name a few.
The application for Fall 2019 is now closed. The application for Spring 2020 will open early September.
Apply for Graduate Scholarship Check Scholarship Status
- JSOM Graduate Scholarships
The scholarship application is a central system available to all students to apply for general scholarships (Dean’s Excellence & Impact) and all donor scholarships.
Who can apply for JSOM Graduate Scholarships?
- Applicants for admission and continuing students are encouraged to apply for scholarship awards.
- Students enrolling in the MS in Accounting Cohort, MS in Finance Cohort, MS in Business Analytics Cohort, MS in Financial Engineering and Risk Management, and any other Executive programs are not eligible for the scholarships listed below. Students should visit their program webpages or director for specific scholarship opportunities associated with those programs.
- Neither applicants for admission nor continuing students are considered automatically for scholarship awards.
- Only students enrolling in the Full-Time MBA Cohort program are automatically condsidered for scholarships upon program application completion. If you are an applicant for the Full-Time MBA Cohort, please do not complete any applications below.
How can I apply for JSOM Graduate Scholarships?
- Students must first complete the general scholarship application and then complete each desired donor scholarship application prior to final submission. Apply for graduate scholarships through the scholarship application.
- The JSOM Graduate Scholarship Application opens in Fall and Spring for new incoming students and in Fall only for current students.
- Once an application is submitted for a specific semester, students are unable to make any changes or apply for any other donor scholarships.
- Students are expected to have fully read the criteria and requirements for each scholarship.
How can I learn about the status of my application for JSOM Graduate Scholarships?
- The results for Fall scholarships for new incoming students will be announced by mid-July and for current students will be announced by late August.
- The results for Spring scholarships for new incoming students will be announced by mid-December (scholarship application for current students is only available for Fall).
- You may check your application status at any time via the online web portal.
What are the rules about JSOM Graduate Scholarships?
- Scholarships are not transferable/deferrable. If a scholarship recipient defers admission, the scholarship will not be deferred and a new scholarship application is required for the semester of deferment.
- Scholarships are non-renewable and cannot be combined or stacked with other scholarships awarded by JSOM, during the academic year.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain minimum GPA of 3.0 during the academic year.
- Non-Texas residents including international students who receive a competitive scholarship of $1,000 or more during:
- Fall semester, may be eligible for in-state tuition for two consecutive semesters in that academic year (Fall and Spring semesters only and does not apply to Summer semester).
- Spring semester, may be eligible for in-state tuition for two consecutive semesters in that academic year (Spring and Summer semesters only).
- Acceptance of scholarship awards and tuition reductions can result in varying implications to your tax status/situation. Please consult your professional tax advisor to determine the financial implications. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Failure to comply with scholarship requirements/criteria may result in the revocation of the scholarship.
- New Incoming Student: Students that have not completed and not currently taking any graduate credit hours at the Naveen Jindal School of Management - UT Dallas.
- Current Student: Students that have completed or are currently taking at least one graduate credit hour at the Naveen Jindal School of Management - UT Dallas.