Fast-Track programs are designed to permit undergraduate students enrolled at UT Dallas to begin work on their MS or the Professional MBA* (Flex or Online) degree before graduation. Qualified seniors may take graduate courses in Management that will apply toward the Bachelor of Science degree and also satisfy requirements for the Master’s degree. These courses will be selected from a list determined by the Jindal School of Management (JSOM).
Fast-Track students interested in the Full-Time (Cohort) or PMBA Evening Cohort should contact the MBA office as admission and use of fast-track coursework may vary.
Admission to Fast-Track Program
Students at UT Dallas can Fast-Track into JSOM degrees as long as they meet the Fast-Track admission requirements. Also, students in one major may choose to Fast-Track into another major. In terms of requirements, students must have:
- Completed at least 15 semester credit hours at UT Dallas
- Completed 90 semester credit hours in their current degree plan
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.30 (Fall 2015 and onward will be 3.40)
- Completed all lower-level required courses
- Completed OPRE 3360 (formerly BA 3360) or its equivalent and the MATH 1325 calculus requirement
While in the Fast-Track Program
- For Fast-Track courses to satisfy graduate degree requirements, students must achieve grades of (B) or better in their graduate coursework. A grade of B- (minus) does not satisfy the graduate requirement and the course will only count toward the undergraduate degree (students can also take graduate courses to reserve for only undergraduate or graduate degree use.)
- Fast-Track courses must satisfy the requirements of the BS and intended MS/MBA degrees.
- Within a semester, student can take a maximum of 2 graduate courses if enrolled in a total of 18 semester credit hours and a maximum of 3 graduate courses if enrolled in a total of 15 semester credit hours.
- Students can take Fast-Track courses as substitute for major required courses, as guided and/or free electives.
- The graduate course drop policy applies and students should consult the Academic Calendar for those dates.
- Students enrolled in the Fast-Track program will be evaluated in the same manner as graduate students.
- Credit for the Fast-Track courses will accrue to the student’s undergraduate transcript.
Admission to Graduate Program
Students Entering Fast Track Program Prior to Fall 2015
Students must satisfy the requirements below for the opportunity to enter into the applicable JSOM graduate program without submitting a GMAT or GRE exam score.
- Students must have completed the undergraduate degree at UT Dallas as a member of the JSOM Fast-Track Program.
- Must maintain the minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30.
- Completed OPRE 3360 or its equivalent.
- Completed the MATH 1325 calculus requirement.
- Completed at least one JSOM graduate course with a grade of at least a (B).
Students Entering Fast Track Program in Fall 2015 and Onward
Students are automatically admitted to JSOM graduate program. Students who fail to meet any of the academic standards required by the graduate program, could be placed on academic probation in their first semester.Please note:
- Only grades of (B) or better in graduate coursework will be counted toward the graduate degree.
- Students may delay entering the graduate program, after completing their undergraduate degree, for up to one year and have their Fast-Track courses count toward their graduate degree.
Fast-Track options at JSOM are outlined below. Additional details of the programs are available from the JSOM Advising Office (JSOM 2.250 or call 972-883-2275). Please see an advisor for course specifics.
|Program||Maximum Semester Credit Hours|
|BS and MBA||
6 for Full-Time and PMBA Evening Cohort programs (please contact MBA office for details)
|BS and MS ACCT|
|BS and MS Business Analytics|
|BS and MS Finance|
|BS and MS Healthcare Management|
|BS and MS Information Technology and Management|
|BS and MS Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|BS and MS International Management Studies|
|BS and MS Management and Administrative Sciences|
|BS and MS Marketing|
|BS and MS Supply Chain Management|