Graduate Degree with Academic Honors

Every student earning a graduate degree from the Jindal School of Management at UT Dallas is considered for graduate academic honors based on the grade-point average (GPA) of all courses taken to fulfill the requirements of each graduate degree earned; up until the 2nd to last semester before graduation.

Students earning an academic honor are entitled and encouraged to reference the honor on their resume or curriculum vitae and wear the designated regalia cord representing the honor at commencement.

Notification of eligibility will be sent out your final semester in the weeks prior to graduation from the JSOM Graduate Programs Office. At that time, those eligible and who have applied for graduation by the deadline will receive an email with instructions on how to request a certificate of academic honor. Your notification for honor will be emailed to your PERSONAL email address as noted in Orion at the start of students last semester. We encourage you to make sure the email address is updated and correct. Certificates may only be requested via the online link from the email. You must request a certificate before the deadline. Once the deadline has passed no certificates can be requested. You will be able to designate someone local to pick up your certificate on the request form. Certificates will not be mailed.

Designated regalia cords are available for purchase at the UT Dallas University Bookstore following notification from JSOM. It is the responsibility of the student to purchase the honor cord and wear it to graduation ceremonies. Please note: there will be no cord color change allowed, no exceptions.

Academic Honors for Graduate Degrees*
Academic Honors GPA Cord
High Distinction 4.000 – 3.900 Gold
Distinction 3.899 – 3.800 Silver
Recognition 3.799 – 3.500 White

*All GPA’s are verified via degree audit for current academic program that you are graduating.

*The JSOM Academic Honors is for current students graduating current semester only. We are not able to go back and issue certificates from previously graduated students or semesters.

For questions regarding JSOM Graduate Degree with Academic Honors, please email the JSOM Graduate Programs Office.