Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Marketing Students Ty Hillier and Josh Garcia accept a check from Sisyphus Solutions for their research work
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing (BS Marketing) at the Naveen Jindal School of Management is a 120 semester credit hours degree program that provides students with practical and theoretical training to make strategic and effective decisions. The program features a series of core courses and a capstone course that offers students a marketing simulation experience and also specializing by taking additional marketing-guided electives.
Take Your Passion and "Go Pro!"
Marketing touches all aspects of modern living — whether it is internal marketing in organizations or product placement or selling technical products to international businesses. Now you can take your passions and “Go Pro!” Students can develop marketing and leadership skills needed in their future marketing careers by participating in:
- Various competitions
- American Marketing Association Student Chapter
- Sales club
- American Advertising Federation
The Fast-Track Program is designed for undergraduate students to begin work on the MS or MBA degree programs before graduation. Qualified seniors may take graduate courses that will apply toward the BS degree and also satisfy requirements for the MS degree.
- We are Student-Focused!
- There is a student organization for you including 3 marketing organizations.
- Every student is assigned a faculty mentor.
- Enjoy our robust speaker program in our classes.
- Earn the C3 Critical Communication Certification.
- Do an internship. Find one at the Career Management Center or develop your own.
- Pursue relevant in-class projects like our social media marketing efforts for the Communities Foundation of Texas.
- Compete in exciting marketing competitions.
- We are Industry Focused
- Maintain 3 marketing Advisory Boards (General Marketing, Digital and Sales) consisting of representatives from world class organizations.
- Hosts the informative practitioners’ conferences and meetings.
- We are Research Focused
- Ranked in the top 20 U.S. Business Schools based on publications in leading journals
- Host of annual Frontiers of Research in Marketing Science (UT Dallas FORMS) Conference
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
We have waiting for you an exciting marketing program at UT Dallas which seeks to engage our students with relevant curriculum, in-class projects with real companies and active marketing student organizations. Also you will find many wonderful relationships with top firms which help us build marketing internships and jobs for our students. The field of marketing is really growing due to social media and other digital forms of promotions. Now more than ever it’s time to Go Pro!
The BS in Marketing requires a core of 42 semester credit hours in which students will learn theories and analytical techniques to be applied to the marketing function. To obtain a minor in marketing, students must complete the requirements for their major and take 12 semester credit hours of marketing core courses and six semester credit hours in marketing-guided electives. Currently, the program offers the following tracks:
- Advertising and Digital Marketing Promotions: Create new advertising, marketing, promotions and sales campaigns involving new media.
- Marketing Research and Analytics: Be in the know. If you understand the analytics and research behind the marketing, then you have the power of knowledge on your side.
- Introduction to Personal Sales: Recent employment data shows the demand for sales and related professions at city, state and national levels is high. Many major corporations like ATT and Henry Schein recruit for sales professionals through our career center.
- Products and Services Branding Strategies: Are you always coming up with ideas for new products? How about the perfect brand name or slogan? Then this area of marketing is for you. See what the professionals are saying!