Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Marketing Students Ty Hillier and Josh Garcia accept a check from Sisyphus Solutions for their research work
Marketing Major Jessie Richardson speaks to an industry representative at the Reverse Sales Job Fair
Sharmayne Ford speaks to sales representatives at the Reverse Sales Job Fair
Jessie Richardson poses at her booth at the Reverse Job Fair
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing (BS Marketing) at the Naveen Jindal School of Management is a 120 semester credit hours degree program that provides students with practical and theoretical training to make strategic and effective decisions. The program features a series of core courses and a capstone course that offers students a marketing simulation experience and also specializing by taking additional marketing-guided electives.
Join Our Thriving Marketing Program!
Besides a relevant core of marketing courses, we offer electives (including an internship!) that lets you specialize in a career-relevant track.
Our vibrant city of Dallas allows us to provide a constant flow of in-class speakers, professional marketers from world-class organizations.
All marketing majors can compete in competitions and earn certifications while in our program. Employment is strong among our graduates. They work at major corporations and marketing agencies, and even start their own businesses.
Interested in graduate school? Consider the Fast Track to an MS in Marketing or a Fast Track to an MBA.
Additionally, we look out for our marketing majors by assigning them a faculty mentor and by actively promoting marketing scholarships.
In brief, our Bachelor of Science in Marketing Program offers
- Internships and Job Leads
- In-Class Industry Speakers and Projects
- Competitions and Certifications
- Student Organizations and Honoraries
- Faculty Mentoring Program
- Scholarship Opportunities
- We are Student-Focused!
- There is a student organization for you including 3 marketing organizations.
- Every student is assigned a faculty mentor.
- Enjoy our robust speaker program in our classes.
- Earn the C3 Critical Communication Certification.
- Do an internship. Find one at the Career Management Center or develop your own.
- Pursue relevant in-class projects like our social media marketing efforts for the Communities Foundation of Texas.
- Compete in exciting marketing competitions.
Current student Jessie Richardson says the Marketing program at UT Dallas is everything she could have asked for.
- We are Industry Focused
- Maintain 3 marketing Advisory Boards (General Marketing, Digital and Sales) consisting of representatives from world class organizations.
- Hosts the informative practitioners’ conferences and meetings.
Jawwad, a soon-to-be-graduate of the Jindal School of Management, shares why a Marketing degre is the best choice program at UT Dallas.
- We are Research Focused
- Ranked in the top 30 U.S. Business Schools based on publications in leading journals
- Host of annual Frontiers of Research in Marketing Science (UT Dallas FORMS) Conference
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
- Student Testimonial
- Career Management
- Fast-Track Program
Thanks for looking at our exciting program. To better understand how strong our marketing program really is, please schedule a visit with me, your program director. I would love to provide even more details to you and your family!
The BS in Marketing requires a core of 42 semester credit hours in which students will learn theories and analytical techniques to be applied to the marketing function. To obtain a minor in marketing, students must complete the requirements for their major and take 12 semester credit hours of marketing core courses and six semester credit hours in marketing-guided electives. Currently, the program offers the following tracks:
- Professional Sales: Develop new clients, provide product solutions to businesses or other organizations and negotiate pricing.
- Digital and Analytics: Oversee digital communication analytics and strategies. Research conditions for potential sales or to create a marketing campaign.
- Marketing Management: Plan and direct marketing policies and programs; oversee product development and monitor trends.
- Advertising and Promotions: Create new advertising, marketing, promotions campaigns involving digital and traditional executions to generate interest in a product or service.
For detailed degree plan, please visit UT Dallas Catalog
Hunter shares about how he found a home in the marketing program at UT Dallas. Watch to find out more about the amazing benefits the JSOM marketing program.
Nova is a recent graduate of the BS Marketing program at the Jindal School. Find out how her education at UTD has helped her become more successful in her career.
Exchange student and Marketing student Linh Nguyen shares all the reasons she loves the marketing program at the Jindal School of Management.
Our graduates go on to work for businesses, non-profit organizations, start their own endeavor or go to graduate school. According to our recent exit survey, the mean starting salary for December 2014 graduates was $50.6K. SeekUT shows a mean starting salary of $40K for UT Dallas Marketing Majors. Other salary sources include www.naceweb.org, the link to the National Association of Colleges and Employers data, show a mean starting salary of $49.4K for Marketing Majors in the U.S.
Rufy Garcia, BS in Marketing 2011, is the Associate Community Manager at Golin, a global integrated PR and Marketing Communication firm with 50 offices around the world.
The Fast-Track Program is designed for undergraduate students to begin work on the MS or MBA degree programs before graduation. Qualified seniors may take graduate courses that will apply toward the BS degree and also satisfy requirements for the MS degree.