MBA Career Management
The Career Management Center (CMC) within the Jindal School of Management understands the challenges Full-Time MBA students encounter when trying to manage their academic coursework and job/internship search. Therefore, the CMC offers specific tools and programs to help Full-Time MBA students develop a career management strategy.
Full-Time MBA students are encouraged to follow the Career Tracker timeline developed by the CMC to achieve their employment goals upon graduation.
The CMC staff is available to assist Full-Time MBA students during the 16-month program. Dedicated career coaches work with students to create effective resumes, to improve their interviewing capabilities, and to develop a strategic plan for obtaining the perfect position upon graduation. The CMC offers:
- Personalized career coaching by appointment.
- Access to CometCareers:UT Dallas Career Center’s portal to on-campus recruiting and job/internship postings.
- Access to career related resources.
- Interview rooms for phone or Skype interviews.
- Networking and professional development opportunities.
CMC Professional Development Programs
The CMC hosts numerous professional development programs designed for Full-Time MBA students. Click here to view our workshop schedule.
- ExecutiveLink: Opportunity for Full-Time MBA students to engage senior level executives in their place of business for the purpose of enhancing the students’ curricular experience.
- Global Student Ambassadors: A select group of graduate students dedicated to supporting, promoting, and representing UT Dallas at local businesses. Students visit participating companies, speak with employees, and learn firsthand how the businesses operate.
- Leadership Council: A select group of graduate and undergraduate students who volunteer at recruiting events and office programs. This program provides students with an opportunity to enhance their professional development and gain exclusive access to companies at campus recruiting events.
- Industry Forums: The CMC hosts industry forums in the fall and spring semesters. Executives from local businesses share their stories and career advice. Full-Time MBA students are permitted early access to forums to network with employer panelists.
- Mock Interview Day: The best way to prepare for an interview is to practice and interview with Recruiters and HR Managers from local companies. Full-Time MBA students receive priority registration.
- Career Management Connections: CMC² is a networking event exclusively for Jindal School of Management students. Full-Time MBA students receive priority registration.
Visit the Career Management Center website for more information. Contact us at 972-883-6916 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the CMC on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group, and visit our Facebook and Pinterest pages.