Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management
The Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management (BS SCM) at the Jindal School of Management is a 120 semester credit hours STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree program that is designed for students seeking to focus their business education by developing a working expertise and knowledge in the different elements of the supply chain. Upon completing the BS Supply Chain Management program, students have gained the knowledge, skills and applied research experience needed to help their your future employers maximize efficiency and profitability.
Overall, the BS SCM program will provide students with:
- Solid understanding of supply chain management and effective practices.
- Skills for finding the resource that will give your company the best return on investment.
- Knowledge of innovative supply chain processes.
- Analytical techniques for assuring quality and delivery performance.
- Strategies for minimizing total costs of goods and services.
The Fast-Track Program is designed to permit undergraduate students to begin work on the MS or MBA degree programs before graduation. Qualified seniors may take graduate courses that will apply toward the BS degree and also satisfy requirements for the MS degree.
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
Thank you for your interest in our Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management (BS SCM) degree program. We worked very diligently with our supply chain industry advisory board (IAB) to develop the curriculum that addresses the development of required SCM skill sets demanded by the industry. The Bachelor of Supply Chain Management program provides an innovative curriculum that would enhance your future career path while focusing on developing appropriate business skills for today’s marketplace.
Please let me know if you would like to discuss whether the BS SCM program is a good fit for you.
The program’s curriculum consists of 120 credits, of which 42 credits of General Education courses, 43 credits of preparatory and business core courses, 15 credits of supply chain core courses, 9 credits of supply chain guided electives, and 11 credits of free electives.
General Education Requirements (42 hours)
Business Core Courses (28 hours)
- OPRE 3100 Professional Development
- OPRE 3360 Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- BCOM 3311 Business Communications
- BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communications
- FIN 3320 Business Finance
- MIS 3300 Introduction to MIS
- OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
- MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
- IMS 3310 International Business
- BPS 4305 Strategic Management
Supply Chain Management Guided Electives (9 hours)
Must select two OPRE Courses (6 semester credit hours) and one Non-OPRE Course (3 semester credit hours):
- MKT 3330 Personal Selling & Sales Management
- IMS 4310 Export Market Development
- OBHR 4352 Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
- OBHR 4310 Business Ethics
- MIS 4340 Enterprise Resource Planning
- MIS 4300 Database Fundamentals
- MIS 3320 Business Analytics Using Excel
- MIS 4353 Electronic Commerce
- OPRE 4320 Integrated SCM Information Systems
- OPRE 4360 Capstone Project in Supply Chain Management
- OPRE 4350 Global Outsourcing Services
Supply Chain Management Other Electives (11 hours)
- Advanced or Free Electives (11 hours)