Master of Science in Accounting Flex
The objective of the Master of Science in Accounting Flex Program (MS Accounting Flex), a minimum 36 semester credit hour degree program (18-24 months), is to develop future leaders in professional accounting through various unique features and benefits:
Why MS Accounting at UT Dallas?
Degree Customization & Flexibility
Over 30 accounting electives, as well as IS, finance, and other business electives, prepare students for careers in various areas. Students can also take advantage of the flexible program length and evening/online course offerings.
Internships and Employment
Students advance their careers through internship opportunities with growing companies in DFW metroplex.
Accounting Consulting Projects with Local Business Partners
Curriculum provides opportunity for all students to gain professional and technical skills through accounting services with local businesses.
Preparation to Pass the CPA Exam and Other Certifications
Rigorous curriculum and review courses prepare students for various certifications, including the CPA, CMA, and CIA.
Add 2nd STEM Degree
MS Accounting easily combines with a STEM—Science, Technology, Engineering and Math—degree option, allowing for 36 months of post-graduation work authorization.
IIA-Endorsed Center for Internal Auditing Excellence
The endorsement by the Institute of Internal Auditors as a Center for Internal Auditing Excellence allows the internal audit program to offer valuable internship opportunities, expanded research opportunities, and an advanced curriculum.
The Master of Science in Accounting Flex Program (MS Accounting Flex) is a minimum 36 semester credit hour degree program (18-24 months) at the Naveen Jindal School of Management. Please see additional program highlights and details below:
- Open to students with bachelor degrees across all majors
- Students can apply for any semester (spring, summer, or fall)
- Students can select among 30 accounting electives, as well as IS, finance, and other business electives, prepare students for careers in various areas, including corporate accounting, assurance services, taxation, internal audit, data analytics, and ERP/SAP systems
- Students can complete an internship for up to 3 semesters, which could extend program length if desired
- STEM: MS Accounting easily combines with a STEM—Science, Technology, Engineering and Math—degree option, allowing for 36 months of post-graduation work authorization
- Online courses are available, and the degree can also be completed online
MS in Accounting Flex Program Details
12-24 month time frame
Bachelor’s degree, open to all majors
Employment and internships
CPA Exam Info & Review Course
Connect with current students
See program and college national rankings
Live or Pre-recorded
Tuition and Aid
Fees, scholarships, assistantships and more
Student Experience & Leadership
Lori Goodwin, ’17MS Accounting/MBA
Risk Assurance Associate, PwC
One of the things that attracted me to UTD was the ability to do an MS Accounting/MBA degree and have enough credits to sit for the CPA Exam. Due to the flexibility of the program, I was able to work full-time while taking classes at night and online. I was also able to be part of the key planning of the ProConnect Program, which is now a vital part of our degree.