Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) at Naveen Jindal School of Management is a 120 semester credit hour degree program that prepares you for an exciting career in business. The degree program provides you with highly specific skills across functional areas of business and a wide range of student-centered engagement activities that encourage students to apply knowledge and practice skills. This is accomplished through creating internships, case competitions, student clubs, mentoring programs, industry speakers and forums, and company-specific projects that will prepare you for the challenges of the business world.
Whether you have aspirations of creating and managing your own business or rising to the heights of a multinational corporation, our BS in Business Administration offers you the chance to focus your course of study on the path to your goals.
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resources: Explores the behaviors and motivations of individuals within an organization and how to effectively lead and manage an organization.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Focuses on the processes of innovation and new venture development in both established organizations and startup ventures.
- Real Estate Investment Management: Provides students with an exploration of the real estate industry, focusing on investments, risk and financing.
- General Business: Provides a solid understanding of business fundamentals and offers the flexibility needed in many environments. This concentration frequently is favored by those interested in law school or other master’s programs.
- Energy Management: Gives students a comprehensive understanding of energy markets and trains them to analyze key energy issues using management, economic, financial, accounting, and legal skills.
- Insurance: Provides students the tools, knowledge and skills they need to assess and manage risk across the firm and opens the door to an exciting and multi-faceted world of insurance
- Professional Sales: Provides students with in-depth knowledge and practical skills required to become successful salespeople and sales managers
- Business Economics: Provides students with knowledge and skills in business economics. Students will learn to think critically and analytically when making decisions and evaluating economic issues that impact global business and be prepared to lead and manage more effectively.
Want to become a Peer Mentor? • Do you need a Peer Mentor?
Please contact Professor Henderson, 972-883-5835 or email@example.com.
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
- General Business
- Corporate Connections
- Advisory Council
Connect with the Director
While computers can run numbers and robots can build products, people can never be replaced as the aspects of business that moves a company forward. Having the knowledge of what makes an organization run and the skills to effectively work with and lead other people sets Business Administration majors apart from the pack. Through study in business administration programs, students have the opportunity to develop their ability to be reflective and cutting edge in today’s ever changing, always competitive world of business.
For the latest information about Academic Degree Plans, Course Catalogs and Course Information please visit the BS in Business Administration page of the UT Dallas JSOM Undergraduate Catalog.
The BS in Business Administration degree with a concentration in General Business provides a broad professional foundation in all functional areas of business. This program is designed to prepare students for a career in business and related fields, and works to provide general knowledge in business from both theoretical and practical perspectives. The General Business concentration provides students with broad exposure to many areas of business and also serves students already in the professional workforce who are seeking to complete their degree.
The BS BA program connects students to the business community in a variety of ways. We host an ongoing series of corporate site visits to learn about different companies and industries. Earlier in 2015, we visited the following corporations:
- Ben E. Keith – to learn about the foodservice and beverage distribution industry and their inventory management and supply chain practices.
- Mary Kay Corporation – to learn about their international businesses and operations in 35 countries.
- Acme Brick – to learn about their upstream business and value-chain considerations, in addition to brick making operations
- Tyler Technologies – to learn about software and technology services they provide to the court and judicial system across the U.S.A.
Last April 2015, we also held our first “Executive Luncheon”. Two students from the BS BA mentoring program joined Mr. Drew Mitchell, VP of the Texas Legends, for lunch. Students enjoyed the opportunity to ask Mr. Mitchell questions in a small group setting and learn about the sports management industry.
The BS BA Mentoring Program continues to move forward. Student mentors and mentees work together through a mutually rewarding relationship.
For more details, please contact Professor Henderson.
BS Business Administration Advisory Council
The purpose of the Advisory Council for the BS Business Administration is to establish a link between the program and the DFW business community. The Advisory Council is made up of business leaders from different industries; leaders who understand what it takes to succeed in business and who can provide guidance and insights into our curriculum to ensure that we are giving students the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in business.
BS Business Administration Advisory Council Members
- Shari Barth, President, Optimal Solutions, Dallas Texas
- Di Colavita, Executive Coach and Speaker, Dallas, Texas
- Pat Currie, Chief Scout Executive, Circle Ten Council, Dallas Texas
- Drew Mitchell, Chief Revenue Officer, Texas Legends, Frisco, Texas
- Eric Purcell, Vice President of Development, Tyler Technologies, Plano Texas
- Todd Strosnider, VP, Leadership & Organizational Development, Associa, Dallas Texas