Texas Business Hall of Fame Scholarship
Submissions are now open for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Deadline for submitting the 2017 TBHF Scholarship application is 5pm on Friday, February 10, 2017.
The Texas Business Hall of Fame Foundation assists future business leaders with pursuing their degrees in Texas schools through a scholarship program. For the 2017-2018 academic year, the Foundation will award up to three (3) $15,000 scholarships to eligible and deserving students at UT Dallas. These scholarships are sponsored by the Mitchell Family Foundation.
The Texas Business Hall of Fame Scholarship is open to ALL UT Dallas Students—both Graduate and Undergraduate—as long as they meet the Eligibility Requirements.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligibility and Requirements
- Scholarship Process
Eligibility and Requirements
(Exceptions may be made for especially outstanding students. Financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement for application.)
- Exhibits entrepreneurial aspirations and demonstrates a propensity for leadership and entrepreneurial achievements
- Exhibits leadership traits in academic and campus activities
- Has outstanding moral character
- Good academic credentials (3.0 or above preferred, with strong affinity for entrepreneurship)
- Will be enrolled during the 2017-2018 academic year (Exceptions will be made for students enrolled in a non-standard or accelerated academic program as arranged with the Dean and approved by TBHF.)
- Is a U.S. Citizen, planning to pursue a career in Texas (Non-citizens can apply if citizenship paperwork is being processed. NOTE: Applicant must be a US Citizen by the date of the 2nd Interview.)
- Willing to personally complete the forms as requested
- Able to attend the Annual Scholarship Luncheon and Induction Dinner (Tentative Date: October 2017, San Antonio, TX)
- Willing to travel for interviews as needed
- If selected, be a steward of the TBHF Scholarship Program and maintain engagement through campus involvement, social media, attendance at area events, etc.
- Please submit the completed Scholarship Application Form with all supporting documents to the UT Dallas Jindal School of Management Dean’s Office (Attn: TBHF Scholarship Committee) in a packet/envelope or email to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 10, 2017.
Supporting documents include:
- A one page narrative (signed and dated) answering the question:
How have you demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and business leadership, what are your future goals, and why do you plan to pursue a career specifically in Texas?
- Current Resume
- Most Recent Transcript (electronic, scanned, and unofficial copies acceptable)
- Professional Headshot