The lab will remain closed from 13th May 2014 to 24th August 2014.
Know How to Excel?
Do you want to excel in Excel and want to know all Excel functions?
Then visit the Naveen Jindal School of Management Excel Lab.
Lab hours: Monday through Thursday, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: JSOM 2.711
What does the Excel Lab have for you?
- Lab assistants are available to provide individualized instruction and to answer questions about Excel.
- Tutorials and challenge problems aim to improve your Excel skills.
- Get a competitive edge by dropping in to work on subject problems, workplace problems and certification skills.
Who can use the Excel Lab?
- The lab is open to all undergraduate and graduate students in the Jindal School of Management.
- Lab assistants are prepared to answer Excel questions in every discipline, including accounting, business administration, finance, international business, marketing, MIS and supply chain management.
Microsoft Excel 2010/13 Expert Certification
- Interested in becoming a Microsoft-certified expert in Excel? The Excel Lab can help by answering your Excel-related questions.
- You can take the certification exam in the UT Dallas Testing Center, located in the basement of the McDermott Library, MC 1.304.The Microsoft Office Specialist Excel Certification exam vouchers are available on the Certiport website. Please see the Instructions section for detailed information.
It is time to define your skills and design your future.
For more information, contact Dhatrish Radjev
Step-By-Step MS Excel 2010/2013 Certification Test Instructions
Interested students may now buy the Excel certification voucher
Following is the step-by-step process to take the Excel certification test:
Step 1: Register/Login on the Certiport website.
Step 2: Purchase the appropriate voucher on the Certiport link. One trial voucher costs $96, and two trial vouchers cost $115.
Step 3: Register to take the test at the UT Dallas Testing Center in the basement of the McDermott Library at least five business days in advance of the date on which you plan to take the test and send the completed registration form to Dhatrish Rajdev. Click here to fill the application form. Please note that the testing center closes on certain days (public holidays, other planned campus event days). The testing center is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is closed on Sunday.
Step 4: Arrive at the scheduled time.
Step 5: Log on to Certiport with your registered credentials and input the voucher number.
Step 6: You can now take the test and become an Excel-certified specialist.
Also, please take a note of the following points provided by testing center personnel:
- The certification is specifically for MS Excel 2010/2013.
- After registering for the test, you will get a code — a voucher number that you will need to input in order to take the test. Write down the voucher number and be sure to bring it with you to the test.
- The test can be taken only during testing center hours. Please visit the testing center website for hours.
- Upon arrival at the testing center, all candidates must present a valid UTD ID in order to take the test.
Candidates need to make themselves familiar with testing-center policies and rules before taking the test. The policies and rules are posted on the testing center website.
Candidates also need to be aware of the exam policies posted on the Certiport website.
If you have more questions, contact us. We are here to help you with your Excel-related queries.
Click on the question to view the answer.
- How do I register for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam?
- When and where can I take the certification exam?
- What certification exams can I take in the testing center?
- How can I prepare for the exam?
- What are lab hours?
- Is it mandatory for Jindal School of Management students to take the exam?
- Where can I purchase the vouchers to take the exam?
- What is the cost of each voucher?
- Is there a time limit within which the voucher is to be used?
- What happens if I don’t use the voucher before its expiration date?
- If I fail, when can I retake the exam?
- If I fail the exam, can I have a refund?
- How and when will I get my exam results?
- How long does a typical exam take?
- Are MOS exams available in different languages?
- What are the exam policies?
Please visit Certiport, to register for MOS exam.
Students can now take the certification exam in the UT Dallas Testing Center, located in the basement of the McDermott Library, MC 1.304, during testing center hours.
You can take MS Excel 2010 (Exam 77-882) and 2013 (Exam 77-420) specialist and MS Excel 2010 (Exam 77-888) and 2013 (Exam 77-427 and Exam 77-428) expert certifications.
Students prepare for the exam at their own pace and on their own time. The Jindal School of Management has opened an Excel Lab in room 2.711 on second floor that provides assistants to answer Excel-related questions. Students also can register on MyITLab.com, an initiative by Pearson Education Inc. to teach Excel to its members by providing online training material and mock tests. Moreover, students can buy practice material and practice tests on Certiport.com.
The Excel Lab is open from Monday through Thursday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It is not mandatory, but it is suggested students take and pass the exam. Being proficient and holding a certification in Excel enhances career prospects in many fields.
Please visit Certiport, to buy the necessary MS Office Specialist certification voucher.
Regardless of which certification test you take, the voucher for one test costs $96, and vouchers for two, (an initial exam and a re-test) cost $115. For MS Excel 2013 expert certification exams (Part I and II), the candidate will need to buy two such vouchers; buying one re-take voucher will not qualify you to take both the parts of the exam. Please also note that re-take voucher will be sent to you by Certiport within 24 hours of your initial failed exam.
Yes, typically, an MOS voucher is good for one year.
All vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates, without exception. No refunds are given or extensions granted.
Retake vouchers must be used within 30 days of the initial failed exam. Please note that retake vouchers can be used only to retake the same exam. There is no waiting period for retaking the failed MOS exam, but you must register again. Send the completed registration form to Dhatrish Rajdev at email@example.com. Click here to fill application the form.
No, Microsoft does not offer refunds for exams you fail or exam appointments you miss.
You will receive notification of your pass or fail status within a few minutes of completing your exam. In addition, you will receive a printed report that provides your exam score and feedback on your performance on the skill areas measured.
A typical exam takes up to 90 minutes.
Yes, Microsoft certification exams are available in variety of languages. However, candidates who must take the exam in English rather than their native language can request an additional 30 minutes. To request the additional 30 minutes, you need to register by phone rather than online. You must request this additional time when you register for the exam and make this arrangement before appearing at the testing center.
Please visit the links – http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/certification-exam-policies.aspx OR http://www.certiport.com/PORTAL/desktopdefault.aspx?page=common/pagelibrary/RetakePolicyMOS.html for detailed exam policies.