The Jindal School of Management (JSOM) provides assistantship to enrolled graduate students who are highly qualified and interested to be considered for employment in JSOM. Assistantship requirements may include, but are not limited to: academic performance in UT Dallas courses, prior experience, special skills needed by the academic area, anticipated graduation date, and graduate program of study.
All enrolled graduate students at JSOM must apply online for assistantship EVERY SEMESTER. Assistantship is not renewable automatically and prior service does not guarantee at all any subsequent appointment or availability of an assistantship position. Failure to comply with any of the requirements below for any reason, could result in revocation of the assistantship and associated benefits and privileges.
With NO EXCEPTIONS, graduate students applying for assistantships:
- MUST maintain 9 semester credit hours of graduate coursework during the Fall or Spring semester or 6 semester credit hours of graduate coursework in Summer semester at JSOM during the semester of employment (even during the last/graduating semester).
- MUST be in a good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at UT Dallas.
- MUST be free of any academic dishonesty record (Dean of Students, Office of Student Affairs).
- MUST attend TA orientation required by the State of Texas and UT Dallas Office of Graduate Studies.
- MUST attend TA orientation required by JSOM graduate office.
- MUST attend a specific HR “Employment Express” session at UT Dallas to complete the hiring process.
- MUST be present at JSOM, at least ONE WEEK before the classes start to prepare for the assignment, meet with the respective instructors and discuss the details of the duties and responsibilities.
- MUST fulfill the commitments for the entire semester and perform all duties as assigned.
Fall 2017 TA Orientations & HR Employment Express Requirements
All new TAs are REQUIRED to attend the following events (no exceptions):
- UT Dallas TA Orientation: August 18, 2017 at 08:00 – 04:00pm, ATEC Lecture Hall, Room ATC 1.102
- JSOM TA Orientation: August 18, 2017 at 05:00 – 07:00pm, JSOM Room 1.110
- UT Dallas TA Employment Express: TBD
Apply for Graduate Assistantships (Enrolled Students Only)
- Application periods: Fall semester February thru August and Spring semester September thru January of each year.
- Upon submission of a complete employment application, the appropriate department will review and notify applicants of the decision sometime before the semester starts via email.
- Applications will be kept on file for one semester only. Students need to re-apply every semester if they wish to be considered for employment by JSOM.