Fast Track Programs
Fast Track programs are designed to permit undergraduate students enrolled at U.T. Dallas to begin work on the MBA or M.S. degrees before graduation. Qualified seniors may take graduate courses in Management that will apply toward the Bachelor of Science degree and also satisfy requirements for the Master’s degree. These courses will be selected from a list determined by the Jindal School of Management (JSOM). Download Fast-Track programs brochure.
Admission to Fast Track Program
- JOSM students and students from other Schools at UT- Dallas can Fast Track into JSOM degrees as long as they meet the Fast Track admission requirements:
- Have completed at least 15 hours at UT Dallas
- Are within 30 hours of graduation
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.30
- Have completed all lower-level required courses
- Have completed OPRE 3360 (formerly BA 3360) or its equivalent and the MATH 1325 calculus requirement
While in the Fast Track Program
- For Fast Track courses to satisfy graduate degree requirements, a student must achieve grades of B or better in graduate coursework. A grade of B- (minus) does not satisfy the graduate requirement. The course will only count toward the undergraduate degree.*
- Courses must be well chosen to satisfy the requirements of the BS and intended MS/MBA degree.
- A student must maintain an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least a 3.30.
- Students can take the Fast Track courses as substitutes for major required courses, as guided and /or free electives.
- The graduate course drop policy applies to all graduate courses. Students should consult the Academic Calendar for those dates.
- Students enrolling in a Fast Track Program will be evaluated in the same manner as graduate students are in the graduate courses.
- Credit for the Fast Track Program courses will accrue to the student’s undergraduate transcript.
Admission to Graduate Program
Successful completion of the undergraduate degree at UT Dallas as a member of the JSOM Fast Track Program while retaining the minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30 and completing OPRE 3360 (formerly BA 3360) or its equivalent and the MATH 1325 calculus requirement provides the opportunity for application and entry into the applicable graduate program in the JSOM without submitting a GMAT or GRE exam score.Please Note:
- Admission to a Fast Track Program does not guarantee admission to the graduate program.
- Students are required to meet admission requirements of the MBA and MS programs, including the math requirement. (An application must be submitted online through utdallas.edu/gradapply)
- Students may delay for up to one year entering the graduate program and have their Fast Track courses count toward their degree.
* Students can also take graduate courses to reserve for only undergraduate or graduate degree use.
Fast Track options at JSOM are outlined on the back of this handout. Additional details of the programs are available from the JSOM Advising Office (SOM 2.250 or call 972-883-2275). Please see an advisor for course specifics.