Naveen Jindal School of Management students have many opportunities to compete in the classroom, at other universities, through student organizations and in conjunction with businesses and professional associations.
Because contests frequently require participants to solve business problems drawn from the working world, contestants gain useful experience in applying what they have learned to situations they may likely encounter again in their professional lives.
JSOM Students in Recent Competitions
- JSOM’s Phi Beta Lambda team earned 10 awards at the organization’s National Leadership Conference.
- High-tech community service helped JSOM’s Enactus team finish in the nation’s top 20.
- Jindal students made a clean sweep in the D/FW AMA Collegiate Marketer of the Year Finals.
- A team of four students placed second overall in the Western States Collegiate Sales Competition, and one team member achieved a second-place individual finish.
- Two JSOM MBA students were members on a winning team that placed first and earned $6,000 in the International Emory Global Health Case Competition.
- A team of four JSOM students won second place and $5,000 in the annual Texas Association for Corporate Growth Case Competition.
- A team of four JSOM graduate students placed third and earned $3,000 in the 18th annual Tulane University Rolanette and Berdon Lawrence Finance Case Competition.
- A team of graduate students turned in winning ideas for an in-car app that could diagnose problems and find the nearest auto repair shops, gas stations, restaurants and hotels from a dashboard screen in the Global Connected Car Contest 2013.
- A team of fullt-time MBA student swon first place, $10,000 and job-interview opportunities in the national Humana Healthcare Case Competition.