Master of Science in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Why choose the MSIE at UT Dallas?
Nationally recognized program
- Ranked No. 19 in Princeton Review’s Top Schools for Entrepreneurship in 2018.
- Recognized as a National Model Master’s Program by the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE).
- Recognized for Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurial Teaching and Pedagogical Innovation by the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC).
- Ranked No. 5 in the U.S. by Bestcolleges.com in its listing of the Best MBA Online Degrees in Entrepreneurship (2018)
Unique, experienced-based curriculum
- Startup Launch courses – Enable students to launch companies while receiving academic credit. Students with scalable concepts can apply for up to $25k in funding to support their launch.
- Seed Fund Support course – Students conduct due diligence and make investment recommendations for the UT Dallas Seed Fund.
- Entrepreneurial Experience course – Partner with major technology companies on analyzing new market opportunities.
- Social Entrepreneurship course – Work with local nonprofits to improve key aspects of their businesses.
- Internship course – work in support of a startup company or corporation and get paid while gaining experience and receiving course credit.
Outstanding student programs
Other key features
- Exceptional faculty with significant professional experience.
- Flexible scheduling with classes in the evening; several courses offered online.
- Frequent interaction with entrepreneurs and venture finance professionals.
MS in Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program Details
Required: GMAT/GRE, Bachelor's degree
12-18 month time frame
Access to mentor and funding opportunities
Diverse in background and experience
Double degrees and STEM courses
Two graduate certificates offered
Tuition and Aid
Financial aid available
Connect With Us
And a message from the director
Arpit Agarwal, ’17Director, Himgiri Castings
“The MSIE course structure enabled me to develop a holistic approach for starting and running a business. It empowered me so much that I am now confident at creating and implementing innovative business concepts. I am enthusiastically applying my knowledge and experiences in my home country, India, to help run my family business.”
Elaine Wang, ’18Founder & CEO, Cthrough
“The startup launch course and mentoring from IE faculty, such as Bryan Chambers, Steve Guengerich and Madison Pedigo, have played a key role in helping us develop and launch our company, Cthrough. Our company is progressing well and is ramping up for customer engagements.”
Lucas C. Rodriguez, ’16Entp. Business Development, CerSci Therapeutics Inc
“The startup launch course and the ENTP 6370 innovation and entrepreneurship course helped me immensely in terms of learning how to develop viable business concepts and conduct market and customer validation. Faculty mentoring also played a big role in my success in the 2014 BIC and in developing multiple startup concepts including CerSci Therapeutics.”
Corey Egan, ’10, & Swapnil Bora, ’11Founders, iLumi
“I&E professors like Madison Pedigo, Jackie Kimzey and Dr. Joseph Picken continued to work with us after we launched, and they were instrumental in encouraging us to apply to Shark Tank.”
Nicole Mossman, ’15Founder & CEO, EverThread
“I’m very pleased with the MSIE degree program. I’m in the process of developing and launching an online business, and the program has helped me in a wide variety of ways.”
William White, ’17, & Kiran Devaprasad, ’16Founders, TraceIT
“We are both huge proponents for the UTD MSIE program, which has been instrumental in the successful launch of TraceIT. We’ve received outstanding instruction through the MSIE program, as well as timely and highly impactful advice from multiple mentors, including Jeremy Vickers and Madison Pedigo.”
Kamiar Kordi, ’16National Tax Advisory, EY
“The entrepreneurial department and entrepreneurial finance courses with Madison Pedigo UTD helped me a lot! Great faculty, great resources, and many avenues for personal and professional growth!”