Professional Sales Concentration
Pro Sales has generated $40,000 in SCHOLARSHIPS for our students.
The Professional Sales Concentration at the UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management offers academic specialization in this exciting field from a nationally recognized university.
The Pro Sales Concentration benefits from its direct relationship to the JSOM Center for Professional Sales. Sales executives and sales teams from top companies in the DFW market and the nation assist in the development and execution of our market-leading sales curriculum. Students are taught and then challenged by industry sales leaders from companies like Henry Schein Dental, Intel Security, Tom James and Lennox Corporation.
Professional Selling Classes classes emphasize simulated and live sales throughout the program with most major courses ending in competition-style events judged by industry executives and hiring managers. Most students who become sales certified via the University Sales Center Alliance experience multiple offers prior to graduation, higher base and on-target pay packages, and become top performers in their respective jobs after graduation. Professional Sales tracks and courses are offered at both the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. Please contact Andrea Hapeman Program Administrator or call (972) 883-4743 to learn more about the sales program.Apply for Sales Program
Upcoming Sales Events
- Rookie Preview, December 4, 2015
- Connect with the Director
- Undergraduate Courses
- Graduate Courses
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Student Board of Directors
Everybody sells! The question is: have they invested the time to learn how to sell in today’s environment?
I am pleased to be a part of one of the best pro sales programs in the nation at the Jindal School of Management. In just a few years, our students have become top producers at Fortune 500 companies and we have developed a solid reputation in the business community both regionally and nationally. It is our goal to continue to develop programs that allow our graduates to make solid contribution to the teams they join. Please learn more about our programs and consider becoming part of our sales team at UT Dallas Sales.
Undergraduates are free to choose to take individual sales courses or work toward the University Sales Center Alliance sales certification.
Students working toward USCA sales certification will need to take the following two courses:
**Application required for this course.
Students must complete two additional courses from the following list:
- MKT 4331 Digital Prospecting
- MKT/ENTP 6382* Pro-Sales I – Small and medium business emphasis
- MKT 6383* Pro-Sales II – Enterprise and Government Sales emphasis
- MKT 6331* Building and Managing Professional Sales Organizations
- MKT 6332* Digital Sales Strategy
- MKT 6V98 Sales Internship
*Fast- Track status required for these courses.
Student must do other extracurricular activities and/or sales experiences as defined at University Sales Center Alliances.
Master’s courses are designed to appeal to sales professionals, Master’s students, and Fast -Track students. Most courses listed are part of the new Market Development and Sales track in the Master in Marketing Degree.
Core Recommended Courses for the Graduate Professional Sales Concentration
Thanks to the generosity of our corporate partners, many of our undergraduate sales students are eligible for scholarships while completing their Advanced Sales classes. The number of sales scholarships varies depending on the degree of corporate funding each semester. Please consider the following information regarding scholarships:
- Undergraduate students admitted to the sales program, who have completed MKT 3330 are eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Priority will be given to students who complete an application prior to semester deadlines. The application deadline for scholarships to be awarded for Spring Semester is October 31. The application deadline for scholarships to be awarded for Fall Semester is March 31.
- Scholarships are normally awarded during the Fall or Spring Awards Dinner and are for $1,000.
- Students must be enrolled in an approved sales course to obtain funding of their sales scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded based on enrollment in the sales program and not necessarily on need or merit. All sales students are encouraged to apply.
- Preference is given to students enrolled in the USCA sales certification program and/or students enrolled in Advanced Personal Selling (MKT 4332).
Want to make a difference in the sales program at UT Dallas? Apply to become a member of the Center for Professional Sales’ Student Board of Directors. The student board develops the activity arm of the Sales Concentration at UT Dallas. They assist in recruiting new students into the sales program, help manage sales events and arrange student-requested events. Board of Director members are also involved in various meeting and initiatives at the Center for Professional Sales.
Each member of the board also heads a student committee. While all students can request a leadership role in a committee, the following criteria exist for the Student Board of Directors:
- Student must be enrolled in USCA sales certificate program
- Student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student must have at least one faculty recommendation
The Board will be composed of graduate and undergraduate students. Appointments to the Board will be for one semester and will be via an election process held prior to the start of each semester.
Jindal Students Place in Quarter Finals
In a rare turn of events, both M. Jawwad Baig (Marketing and MIS BS) and Abbey Hagin (BS Marketing), competitors on UTD’s Jindal School Sales Team, earned places in the quarter finals at the National Collegiate Sales Competition (NCSC) in Kennesaw, Georgia, held April 7-10th. Both also won fifth place in their respective rooms in the quarter finals.
Advanced Sales Students Win at UTD’s Pro Sales Competition
After two exciting days of competition, including a Gatekeeper Role Play, a Reverse Job Fair, and Sales Role Play competitions, Jawwad Baig won 1st place, Abbey Hagin took 2nd place and Zeeshan Moosa earned 3rd place at the UTD Pro Sales Challenge. Competitions were judged by corporate guests. Winners were announced at a luncheon on March 13, 2015.
Rookie Preview Top 10 Students Shine
The winners for Rookie Preview Spring 2015 were: 1st-Samantha Jarrell, 2nd-Maria Faye Francisco, 3rd-Dylan Hillman, 4th-Kyana Shamloo, 5th-Kathryn McCord, 6th-Samantha Reeder, 7th-Angelina Howerton, 8th-Jonathan Jones, 9th-Joshua Hayes, 10th-Seth Vertucci. Congratulations to all our winners!
Jindal Students Place 4th in Competition
Jindal School students Jason Raofpur, Yakov Slepoy, Mira Qutub & Taylor Wiltsie attended the Western States Collegiate Sales Competition at Chico State University in Chico California, April 24-25, 2015. UT Dallas placed 4th overall. Raofpur placed 9th overall out of more than 54 competitors. Students presented 2 different cases for their role plays.