Supply Chain Certificate
SAS Data Mining and Business Intelligence Certificate
The graduate students currently enrolled in the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MS SCM) degree program at UT Dallas have the opportunity to participate and receive the SAS Data Mining and Business Intelligence graduate certificate. This certificate emphasizes theoretical concepts and clinical knowledge associated with the design, delivery and use of business intelligence and data mining techniques in organizations.
The SAS certificate program also provides the current MS SCM students an opportunity to work with the latest technology such as SAS Enterprise Miner, XL Miner and SAP Business Data Warehousing. Upon completion, the awarded certificate is signed by a representative from the SAS Institute and from the UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management. The learning outcomes for the program include the following:
- Develop a basic knowledge of business intelligence concepts and applications.
- Learn statistical theories underpinning data mining methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge of core business intelligence and data mining methods.
- Apply business intelligence and data mining principles and techniques to solve business problems.
The graduate students already enrolled in the MS SCM degree program may register for the following required four courses for the SAS certificate:
- OPRE 6301 Quantitative Introduction to Risk and Uncertainty in Business
- MIS 6324 Business Intelligence Software and Techniques
- MIS 6334 Advanced Business Intelligence with SAS
- MIS 6320 Database Foundations (non-ITM majors only)
For more information, please contact: