Project Management Graduate Degree Programs
There are three levels of recognition in the program:
- The Project Management Core is comprised of the first 21 credit hours, leading to a graduate certificate in project management
- A Master of Science in Management and Administrative Sciences (MS MAS) degree with an emphasis in project management. This is earned after the completion of project management core and an additional 18 credit hours that includes business core courses and an international study trip.
- An MBA degree with project management emphasis is earned by waiving the Master of Science degree and completing an additional 14 credit hours.
The UT Dallas Project Management program curriculum is delivered both on campus and online. The oncampus program is in a three day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday format. The online program is designed around weekly lessons. Students enjoy the challenge of being in a virtual class and on a virtual team — a solid plus in this age of globalization.
Admission to this program is highly selective, and prospective students must plan ahead. A selective process ensures that high standards are maintained in a cohort class. Candidates are evaluated on criteria that includes prior academic and professional accomplishments, serious commitment and leadership skills. A typical student is 35 years old, employed as a professional in a project/program management position or in a management position with some project/program content and is self-motivated to pursue knowledge by active participation in a creative fashion.
On-Campus or Online
The first phase of the program, the Project Management Core, is taught as an integrated body of topics rather than a series of courses. Students are formed into a cohort class and assigned to a team within the class. The curriculum provides comprehensive training in project and program management, combining technical aspects and critical human skills. Students are required to integrate work projects with classroom learning. The Project Management Core is completed in 12 months both oncampus and online, and students earn a Graduate Certificate in Project Management.
After completing the Project Management Core, students complete an additional 18 credit hours, including the international study tour, and earn a Master of Science in Management and Administrative Sciences. Those seeking an MBA must waive the Master of Science and complete an additional 14 credit hours.
After the Project Management Core, subjects are taught on a course-by-course basis. UT Dallas begins a new oncampus Project Management Core Program annually in September and online in February.
- Project Management Overview
- Graduate Degree Program
- Graduate Degree Admissions
- Professional Development
- PM Symposium