Global Leadership Executive MBA
The Global Leadership Executive MBA (GLEMBA) program at UT Dallas is a 70% online Executive MBA designed for working professionals that need the flexibility of online classes and the synergy of classroom learning.
Program highlights include:
- Cohort based EMBA program earned over 21 months (five semesters). New cohorts begin each fall and graduate 21 months later in May.
- Program degree plan consists of 53 credit hours and offers you the best value per credit hour in the north Texas region.
- Program delivery is facilitated through classroom retreats at the beginning of the first four semesters and online learning to maximize the learning experience during the remainder of each semester.
- Two class trips, an international retreat and an international study tour.
- An executive coaching component where students work one-on-one with an executive coach to develop their soft skills such as strategic self-awareness, executive presence, social intelligence, political intelligence and social networking. All executive coaches are all ICF-certified.
- Renowned world-class faculty who are seasoned business practitioners with strong academic credentials and global expertise.
- Strong alumni networks. The Executive MBA Programs has an alumni network consisting of over 1100 graduates representing nearly 52 countries! The Jindal School of Management (JSOM) has over 30,000 alumni with 18,000 active alumni in the Dallas area.
Connect with the Executive MBA Programs on Facebook
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
- Tuition and Costs
- Class Trips
- Why choose GLEMBA?
- Class Profile
Global Leadership Executive MBA: A new degree of excellence
The world has never been smaller than it is today as globalization impacts our ability to increase productivity, efficiency, effectiveness and profitability. The Global Leadership Executive MBA (GLEMBA) program develops students’ critical thinking for a globalized market for today and tomorrow.
Please join us for an Information Session to learn more about the Global Leadership Executive MBA program.
After meeting with numerous professors, alumni and business partners, our curriculum is revitalized to be forward thinking to prepare business professionals to develop and implement successful strategies for today, tomorrow and beyond. The new Global Leadership Executive MBA curriculum is designed for the functional manager who is looking to accelerate his or her career by gaining a broader international business perspective. The program is five semesters (21 months), and it begins with a retreat at the beginning of the first four semesters.
Students will begin by learning about the traditional MBA business fundamentals in the U.S. in the first two semesters. The third semester begins with an international retreat to kick off our global track. Students learn to deep dive into the competitive advantages of four regional markets. The fourth semester will be about entering those regionals markets, and the fifth semester will be about leading and executing in those regional markets culminating with the international study tour.
The Global Leadership Executive MBA (GLEMBA) degree is earned by completing the following courses.
- ACCT 6201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 6202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BPS 6310 Strategic Management
- FIN 6301 Financial Management
- IMS 6204 Global Business
- MECO 6303 Business Economics
- MIS 6302 Information Technology Strategy and Management
- MKT 6301 Marketing Management
- OB 6301 Organizational Behaviour
- OPRE 6301 Quantitative Introduction to Risk and Uncertainty in Business
- OPRE 6302 Operations Management
- ENTP 6352 International Business Plan
- FIN 6366 International Financial Management
- IMS 6213 Global Politics in Business
- IMS 6214 Global Mergers and Acquisitions
- IMS 6253 Cross-Cultural Management
- IMS 6345 Global Leadership
- IMS 6351 Executive International Study Trip – EMBA
- IMS 6354 Global Marketing
- OB 6152 Executive Coaching
- OPRE 6250 Global Supply Chain Management
Below is a snapshot of the Executive MBA program (Semester 1 Fall 2015 thru Semester 5 Spring 2017). The numbers in parentheses represent semester credit hours.
The Naveen Jindal School of Management reserves the right to change any of the above courses, structure or cost of the program at any time, as needed.
The Global Leadership Executive MBA (GLEMBA) program at The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management (JSOM) offers you the best value per credit hour in the north Texas region. The 53 credit hour MBA is the most robust in the region. The Global Leadership Executive MBA (GLEMBA) program includes two international trips (exclusive of the international airfare) and a structured executive coaching program in addition to an engaging, relevant and quality educational experience.
The total investment for the Global Leadership Executive MBA program for the August 2015 seating (Class of 2017) is $78,000 and includes:
Tuition is payable in five equal installments of $15,600 before the start of each semester.
Materials include course materials, textbooks, cases and access to web and video conferencing systems. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are served on all class days during retreats. Parking is provided on all class days during retreats.
Note: Students are expected to possess a personal computer with administrator access throughout the duration of the program. Students are expected to have a wireless-enabled laptop computer with a webcam and microphone for course activities and should be able to produce, send, and receive documents that are compatible with Microsoft Office. Students must be able to download course related software such as Tableau.
Executive Coaching is required in the first four semesters. In your first semester of the Global Leadership Executive MBA program you will be assigned an executive coach. The International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified executive coaches have been selected by Dr. Robert Hicks, director of the Organizational Behavior and Coaching Program at The University of Texas at Dallas.
International trips include accommodations in a 4 or 5 star hotel with single room and ground transportation on site. Also included is the airfare between cities in country, the welcome reception, farewell dinner, breakfast, lunches, and hotel Wi-Fi.
Note: Students are required to pay for their flights to and from the international location.
Financial Aid Information
Global Leadership Executive MBA students needing financial assistance may apply for long-term student loans. More information is available via the UT Dallas Financial Aid Office or by contacting the Executive Education Financial Services Manager, Paula Baxter at (972) 883 – 4114.
The Global Leadership Executive MBA (GLEMBA) program at The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management (JSOM) offers two international trips: the international retreat in the second semester and the international study tour in the final semester.
The international retreat will be at a university in a location other than the international study tour. While the international study tour emphasizes company visits, the international retreat will emphasize international academics. Students have the opportunity to meet and study with other Executive MBA students. Recent international retreats have been to:
- Class of 2016: SKEMA School of Business in Lille, France
International Study Tour
The 10-day international study tour provides Global Leadership Executive MBA students the opportunity to meet with business and government executives and educators to better understand the dynamic global business environment and culture of two different cities, often in two separate countries. Recent study tours have been to:
- Class of 2016: To be announced
- Class of GL16: Singapore and Malaysia
- Class of GL15: Hong Kong and Beijing
- Class of GL14: Budapest and Munich
Costs of the trips are included in the tuition costs with the exception of the international flights. This gives students the flexibility to use their frequent flyer miles and to travel independently before or after the trip.
Are you prepared to lead in a globally orientated evolving workplace? Are you ready to maximize your business performance and take your career to the next level? Watch the video below to learn why you should choose the Global Leadership Executive MBA program at UT Dallas.
GLEMBA Class of 2017
|Class Statistics||Percentage or Number|
|Average Work Experience||14 years|
|Gender||Female: 17%; Male: 83%|
|Ethnicity||Asian: 33%; Black or African American: 33%; White: 33%|
|Country of Origin||Dominica: 17%; Pakistan: 33%; USA: 50%|