The Executive MBA (EMBA) program at UT Dallas is designed to enable business professionals to maximize their business performance.
Program highlights include:
- Cohort based EMBA program earned over 21 months (five semesters). New cohorts begin each fall and graduate 21 months later in May.
- Program degree plan consists of 53 credit hours and offers you the best value per credit hour in the north Texas region.
- Classes generally meet 4 days each month on alternating weekends. Class days run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on campus and include breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Two class trips ,an Americas trip and the international study tour.
- An Executive Coaching component where students work one-on-one with an executive coach to develop their soft skills such as strategic self-awareness, executive presence, social intelligence, political intelligence and social networking. All executive coaches are all ICF-certified.
- Renowned world-class faculty who are seasoned business practitioners with strong academic credentials and global expertise.
- Strong alumni networks. The Executive MBA Programs has an alumni network consisting of over 1100 graduates representing nearly 52 countries! The Jindal School of Management (JSOM) has over 30,000 alumni with 18,000 active alumni in the Dallas area.
Connect with the Executive MBA Programs on Facebook
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
- Tuition and Costs
- Class Trips
- Why choose EMBA?
Executive MBA: A new degree of excellence
The business world is becoming increasingly dynamic with globalization and information/mobile technologies changing how the world does business. The UTD EMBA program offers the cohort approach that encourages collaboration with the most robust curriculum in north Texas with 53 credit hours.
We encourage all applicants to visit a class. This is an excellent way for you to learn more about the UTD EMBA experience and to ask questions not answered on our website. Call us today at 972-883-4600 to schedule a class visit.
Join us for an Information Session to learn how we can help you maximize your business performance.
The business world is becoming increasingly dynamic with globalization and information/mobile technologies changing how the world does business. Change in the economic environment mandates that companies must be more efficient and effective even as Big Data analytics fundamentally changes how people manage and forecast business trends. Social networks increasingly impact consumers’ buying trends and customer relationships. And, there are four distinct generations in the workplace. At the end of the day, it’s all about leading and motivating people to maximize business performance.
After meeting with numerous professors, alumni and business partners, our curriculum is revitalized to be forward thinking to prepare business professionals to develop and implement successful strategies for today, tomorrow and beyond.
The Executive MBA program curriculum includes the fundamentals of business and now addresses questions such as:
- What strategy does your company need to distinguish itself from your competition, to advance its marketshare, and increase shareholder value?
- How does leadership align, engage, enable, and motivate employees to implement corporate strategy?
- How and where does your company deploy its corporate resources and assets? What is the best strategy to move forward?
- In a near real-time, data-driven business environment, what data do you really need to connect with existing customers, drive new business, and forecast new trends? How do you interpret and use this data?
Below is a snapshot of the EMBA program (Semester 1 Fall 2015 through Semester 5 Spring 2017). The numbers in parentheses represent semester credit hours. View the class day schedule for the Class of 2017.
The Naveen Jindal School of Management reserves the right to change any of the above courses, structure or cost of the program at any time, as needed.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) program at The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management offers you the best value per credit hour in the north Texas region. Our 53 credit hour program is the most robust in the region. The Executive MBA (EMBA) program includes two class trips (exclusive of the international airfare) and a structured executive coaching program in addition to an engaging, relevant and quality educational experience.
The total investment for the Executive MBA program for the August 2015 seating (Class of 2017) is $85,000 and includes:
Tuition is payable in five equal installments of $17,000 before the start of each semester.
Materials include course materials, textbooks, cases and access to web and video conferencing systems. Students are provided with on-campus parking permits. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are served on all class days.
Note: Students are expected to possess a personal computer with administrator access throughout the duration of the program. Students are expected to have a wireless-enabled laptop computer with a webcam and microphone for course activities. Students must be able to produce, send, and receive documents that are compatible with Microsoft Office and download relevant course software such as Tableau and Jabber Video.
Executive Coaching is required in the first four semesters. In the first semester of the Executive MBA program students are assigned an executive coach. The International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified executive coaches have been selected by Dr. Robert Hicks, director of the Organizational Behavior and Coaching Program at The University of Texas at Dallas.
Class trips include accommodations in a 4 or 5 star hotel with single room and ground transportation within countries. Also included is the airfare between cities in country, the welcome reception, farewell dinner, breakfasts, lunches, and hotel Wi-Fi. Airfare is included in the Americas Trip.
Note: Students are required to pay for their international flights to and from the international study tour location.
Financial Aid Information
Executive MBA students needing financial assistance may apply for long-term student loans. More information is available via the UT Dallas Financial Aid Office or by contacting the Executive Education Financial Services Manager, Paula Baxter at 972-883-4114.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) program at The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management (JSOM) offers two class trips: the “Americas” trip in the first semester and the international study tour in the final semester.
The first year “Americas” trip enables a better understanding of the competitive advantages and weaknesses of doing business in a country “close to home.” Recent trips have been to:
- Class of 2017: Havana, Cuba (scheduled November 2015)
- Class of 2016: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Class of 2015: Panama City, Panama
- Class of 2014: Washington, D.C.
International Study Tour
The second year 10-day international study tour provides Executive MBA students the opportunity to meet with business and government executives and educators to better understand the dynamic global business environment and culture of two different cities, often in two separate countries. Recent study tours have been to:
Costs of the trips are included in the tuition costs with the exception of the to and from flight of the international study tour location. This gives students the flexibility to use their frequent flyer miles and to travel independently before or after the trip.
Did you know that of the Fortune 500 companies, 18 are headquartered in Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex? Are you ready to maximize your business performance and take your career to the next level? Watch the video below to learn why you should choose the Executive MBA program at UT Dallas.