Career-building. Life-changing. C-Suite effective.
The tailored Executive MBA (EMBA) program at UT Dallas is designed to prepare business professionals to be C-Suite effective. This is accomplished through a customized curriculum, an executive coaching, individualize feedback and our global network.
Did you know that over 60 percent of our current cohort has transitioned to positions of increased responsibility since they started the program? If you are looking to optimize your return on investment, the UT Dallas executive MBA is career-building.
The cohort based EMBA program is earned in 17 months over five semesters with a month break between each semester. Classes meet 4 days each month on alternating weekends. Class days run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on campus and include breakfast, lunch, and snacks.EMBA Class of 2019 schedule
Our robust degree plan is 53 credit hours and offers the best value per credit hour in the north Texas region. We can achieve this because we are a premiere public university.
Beginning with an essential business foundation, the curriculum emphasizes strategy for performance transformation. In the last semester, students select two electives to tailor their learning experience.
One class trip: An international study tour in the fifth semester to validate MBA concepts you’ve learned with candid discussions with international executives.Executive Coaching
Students work one-on-one with an executive coach to develop their soft skills such as strategic self-awareness, executive presence, social intelligence, political intelligence and social networking. All executive coaches are all ICF-certified.
Our strong alumni networks consists of nearly 1200 alumni thriving in 55 countries! The Jindal School of Management (JSOM) has over 30,000 alumni with 18,000 active alumni in the Dallas area. Build your global network today.
Connect with the Executive MBA Programs on Facebook
- Connect with the Director
- Degree Plan
- Tuition and Costs
- Program Amenities
- Class Trip
- Class Profile
Executive MBA: Be C-Suite Effective
Whether you already operate within the c-suite, or aspire to, you need to have the business acumen and skills to effectively convey your ideas and influence your executive leadership. Are you ready?
Please call 972-883-4600 today to visit with me or to schedule a class visit. This is an excellent way for you to learn more about the UTD EMBA experience and to take the first step towards being C-Suite effective.
Join us for an Information Session to learn how we can help you maximize your business performance.
Change in our economic environment mandates that companies must be more efficient. Digital transformation is increasingly impacting consumers’ buying trends and customer relationships. And, with four distinct generations in the workplace, it’s all about leading and motivating people to maximize your business performance.
The Executive MBA curriculum includes a strong business foundation now addresses questions such as:
- What strategy does your company need to distinguish itself from your competition, to advance its marketshare, and increase shareholder value?
- How does leadership align, engage, enable, and motivate employees to implement corporate strategy?
- How and where does your company deploy its corporate resources and assets?
- In a near real-time, data-driven business environment, what data do you really need to connect with existing customers, drive new business, and forecast new trends? How do you interpret and use this data?
The Executive MBA (EMBA) degree is earned by completing the following courses.
- ACCT 6201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 6202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BPS 6310 Strategic Management
- FIN 6301 Financial Management
- IMS 6204 Global Business
- MECO 6303 Business Economics
- MIS 6302 Information Technology Strategy and Management
- MKT 6301 Marketing Management
- OB 6301 Organizational Behaviour
- OPRE 6301 Quantitative Introduction to Risk and Uncertainty in Business
- OPRE 6302 Operations Management
- ACCT 6287 Board Membership, Risk Management and Compliance
- BPS 6151 Executive Study Trip – Americas
- BPS 6255 Field Project
- BPS 6254 Enterprise Transformation
- BPS 6256 C-Suite Leadership
- ENTP 6394 Managing Innovation
- FIN 6252 Creating Value through Mergers, Acquisitions and Private Equity
- IMS 6252 International Business Management
- IMS 6351 Executive International Study Trip – EMBA
- OB 6152 Executive Coaching
- OB 6339 Negotiations and Contracts
Below is a snapshot of the EMBA program for the Class of 2018. The numbers in parentheses represent semester credit hours. View the EMBA Class of 2018 schedule.
In the last semester, each student tailors their curriculum by selecting two electives from the following list:
- Ethical Issues in International Business
- Business Law
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Technology and New Product Development
- International Financial Management
- International Strategic Management
- Business Intelligence Software and Techniques
- Integrating Digital Transformation into Corporate Strategy
The Naveen Jindal School of Management reserves the right to change any of the above courses, structure or cost of the program at any time, as needed.
The tailored Executive MBA (EMBA) program at The University of Texas at Dallas, Naveen Jindal School of Management offers you the best value per credit hour in the north Texas region. At 53 credit hours, our program is the most robust executive MBA in the region.
The tuition for the UTD EMBA program for the Class of 2019 is $85,000. Tuition is payable in five equal installments of $17,000 before the start of each semester.
Early Admissions Discounts
If accepted to the EMBA program prior to December 16, 2016, the program tuition is discounted $10,000 to $75,000.
Call 972-883-4600 to learn more about our early admissions discounts.
Financial Aid Information
Executive MBA students needing financial assistance may apply for long-term student loans. More information is available via the UT Dallas Financial Aid Office or by contacting the Executive Education Financial Services Manager, Paula Baxter at 972-883-4114.
Program amenities for the UTD EMBA program include:
Class materials include textbooks, software licenses, business cases and access to web and video conferencing systems. Students are also provided with an on-campus parking permit each semester.
Note: Students are expected to possess a personal computer with administrator access throughout the duration of the program. Students are expected to have a wireless-enabled laptop computer with a webcam and microphone for course activities. Students must be able to produce, send, and receive documents that are compatible with Microsoft Office and download relevant course software such as Tableau and WebEx.
To keep you fueled on class days, student are provided breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the day.
To refine your executive soft skills including strategic self-awareness, social and political intelligence and executive presence, you will work with an executive coach during program. Our executive coaches have been carefully selected by Dr. Robert Hicks, director of the Organizational Behavior and Coaching Program at The University of Texas at Dallas. All coaches are ICF (International Coaching Federation) certified.
As part of the “Executive International Study Trip – EMBA”, hotel accommodations are provided in a 4 or 5 star hotel with single room occupancy and ground transportation within countries. Also included is the airfare between cities in/between country, the welcome reception, farewell dinner, breakfasts, lunches, and hotel Wi-Fi.
Note: Students are required to pay for personal visas and their international flights to and from the international study tour location. This gives students the flexibility to use their frequent flyer miles and to travel independently before or after the trip.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) program at The University of Texas at Dallas, Naveen Jindal School of Management (JSOM) offers the international study tour in the final semester.
International Study Tour
The 7-day international study tour provides Executive MBA students the opportunity to meet with business and government executives to better understand the dynamic global business environment and culture of two different cities, often in two separate countries. Recent study tours have been to:
- Class of 2017: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Seoul, South Korea
- Class of 2016: Cape Town and Durban, South Africa
- Class of 2015: Athens Greece, and Istanbul Turkey
Students will need to provide personal visas and their own airfare to and from the international study tour location. This gives students the flexibility to use their frequent flyer miles and to travel independently before or after the trip.
EMBA Class of 2018
|Class Statistics||Percentage or Number|
|Average Work Experience||16 years|
|Gender||Female: 28%; Male: 72%|
|Ethnicity||Asian: 16%; Hispanic or Latino: 12%; White: 72%|
|Country of Origin||India: 16 %; Mexico: 8%; USA: 76%|