DMHP Admission Requirements
Challenge your intellect. Engage your community. Define your future.
The Davidson Management Honors Program at UT Dallas will test your limits in the classroom, in student groups, while you travel with professors, and in the community.
Most DMHP students apply to the program during their senior year of high school for admission as a freshman. A limited number of spots are also available for transfer and current students.
- Students must submit an application, essay and resume.
- Students must be in the top 20 percent of their high school graduating class.
- Minimum 1200 on SAT or comparable ACT score.
- Phone interview (by invitation only).
- Students can, and are encouraged to, apply to additional honors programs on campus if they qualify such as Collegium V, Terry Scholars and McDermott Scholars.
- Freshman Admission Deadlines
Priority Deadline: Dec. 1, 2014
Decision Notifications: By Feb. 9, 2015*
Applications received after the Dec. 1 priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis until our class is full. In our effort to keep class sizes small, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
* If admitted, this is a non-binding admissions decision. Students will not be required to enroll in UT Dallas, JSOM, or DMHP.
Transfer or Current UT Dallas Students
Each year, we will accept a limited number of current UT Dallas freshmen or external transfers into the program to begin the following fall semester. Students can only apply at the end of their freshman year. In evaluating applications, we will review the academic rigor of the original school (if not UT Dallas) and courses taken and the earned GPA from these courses. Other admission requirements and considerations are:
- Minimum 24 hours college credit
- Minimum 3.5 grade point average
- SAT and high school class rank
- Resume showing work experience and/or campus involvement
- Interview (phone or in person)
- Transfer Admission Deadlines
Internal Transfers (current UT Dallas students):
- Deadline to apply: April 13, 2015
- In-person Interviews: Conducted between April 13-May 1
- Decision Notifications: By June 1 (after final grades are confirmed)
- Deadline to apply: July 1, 2015
- Phone Interviews: Conducted the week of July 6
- Decision Notifications: By July 17
You can find the Transfer DMHP Application here.