Professional MBA FAQ
In addition to a confident level of computer and Internet literacy, certain minimum technical requirements must be met to enable a successful online learning experience.The system requirements include:
- A Pentium processor PC or equivalent Mac system; Windows 98/Me/2000/XP or Mac OS 9.x or OS X 10.x.
- Internet access with 56.6 kbps modem (minimum). A high-bandwidth connection is recommended.
- 128 MB system Ram; 500 MB free disk space or sufficient storage
- Sound card
- CD-ROM capabilities
- Web browser: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, AOL, Mozilla or Safari. For eLearning supported browsers and versions, please see the validated browser list. Please also see the browser configuration info below
- Microsoft Office 2000 is the minimum standard. The latest version of MS Office and some other MS Software is available at a nominal cost from the UTD Microsoft program (see the Online Services page)
- Virus detection/protection software such as McAfee (available free from UTD). Free downloadable
Students register for online MBA courses by sending an email request to the School of Management Advising Office (see Registration). Students in courses with the section number ’0G1′ or ’0G2′ will receive course access instructions usually one day before the start of the course. Properly registered students use their NetID to access their courses at: http://www.utdallas.edu/elearning/.
Students who do not have a UTD Net-account yet, can obtain one at: http://netid.utdallas.edu at the start of each semester. For assistance, please contact the UTD Help Desk at 972-883-2911 or go to http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/tcs/helpdesk/.
Students taking one of the two UTD courses delivered through the UT System TeleCampus (with section number as “0T1″), should go to TeleCampus web site to gain access to the course. The UT-TeleCampus will send further course access information to registered students.
After you have paid the applicable tuition balance for the online course by the payment deadlines, try the following steps:
Please read carefully and follow the course access instructions on this web site and also in the email sent to you at the start of the semester. As a reminder, courses will be accessible on the first day of the semester (not before). You need to have a UTD Net Account to access the course. Make sure you have the correct account information. If you enrolled shortly before or at the start of the semester, please allow the UTD eLearning administrator time (up to three days) to add your account to the course. Make sure you meet the technical requirements and have the required web browser installed. If you experience further difficulty, you can always contact the UTD help desk at 972-883-2911 or go to http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/tcs/helpdesk/, or GMBA Tech SupportEmail(for courses with section 0G1 or 0G2) for further assistance. If you are having issues accessing a TeleCampus course (section 0T1), please visit the TeleCampus Technical Support Information Page.