International Study Courses
UT Dallas course credits: Students who participate on the trip are eligible to earn up to 3 semester credit hours. The class is available to students in the Naveen Jindal School of Management.
One Semester Credit Hour Pre-Trip course
This is an 8-week course that takes place prior to the trip. The course will help students better understand the countries which they will be visiting. Countries’ economic situations, political issues, current events, people and culture will be discussed. In addition, the class will give the students an opportunity to gain familiarity with their traveling peers. Students are not required to enroll in this course but it is highly encouraged.
Two Semester Credit Hours Area Studies course (classroom meetings before and after trip, 1-2 week study trip)
Usually, travel dates are taken during the semester breaks:
- August — between Summer and Fall semester
- December — between Fall and Spring semester
- March — During Spring Break
- May — between Spring and Summer Semester
Classes are available to graduate and undergraduate students in the school or management, unless otherwise stated. Students need the permission of the instructor or with their academic advisor to enroll in the class through Orion.
At the conclusion of the trip, students are expected to understand the following core issues:
- The socio-economic dynamics, historical background, and political stability of the countries visited.
- Recognition of trade relations, as well as international direct investment, between the host countries, the United States, and other countries around the world.
- Recognition of the distinctive culture/s of the countries visited.
- Recognition of the conflict between the countries visited and other countries on international trade balance, currency exchange system, and world political conflicts.
- Recognition of the challenges and opportunities of countries visited in the global economy.
- Recognition of the importance of networking and international contacts.
Foreign Study Trip Registration
If you are interested in any of our upcoming Study Trips
, please email Dr Habte Woldu