Naveen Jindal School of Management students have many opportunities to compete in the classroom, at other universities, through student organizations and in conjunction with businesses and professional associations.
Because contests frequently require participants to solve business problems drawn from the working world, contestants gain useful experience in applying what they have learned to situations they may likely encounter again in their professional lives.
Here is a sampling of some recent competitions:
- Deloitte FanTAXtic Case Competition
- North Texas Chapter of American College of Healthcare Executives Case Competition
- Humana Healthcare Case Competition
- Turnaround Management Association Carl Marks Student Paper Competition
- Top Performer Stock Competition
- State Farm Insurance Scholarship Competition
- Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference (see page 25 in the Autumn 2011 issue of Management magazine)
- Chartered Financial Analysts Institute Investment Research Challenge
- Association for Corporate Growth Cup
- CME Group Open Outcry Challenge
- thinkorswim Collegiate Trading Competition